You’ve been involved in an automobile accident…what should you do? The following 9 step procedure will help you protect yourself after an auto accident, in most cases…
- Report the Incident – Call 911 (or the non-emergency police line) to report the incident. If they won’t respond due to weather, follow up when it’s safe & have a report completed.
- If Safe, Exit Your Automobile – Make sure it’s safe before you step outside your vehicle (assuming you’re not hurt or weren’t ejected).
- Take Pictures – Take photos of the damage to both cares and the scene. Also get a picture of the drivers license & insurance card for each driver (if they allow). Exchange insurance information only and don’t talk about the accident.
- Get Witnesses – Flag down any potential witness and verify the facts. Get their name/contact number if possible.
- Call Your Insurance Agent – Call your auto insurance agency/company to report the loss and seek advice. Most carriers offer 24/7 claims assistance and the numbers are normally located on your auto ID card.
- Get Your Version of the Accident In the Police Report – Make sure the police add your version of the accident to the report. The insurance company (and possibly the court system) could use this statement to determine liability/coverage.
- Do Not Admit Fault/Guilt – Simply give your statement & allow the insurance companies to determine liability.
- Seek Medical Attention, If Needed – If you or your passengers feel injured, immediately seek medical attention. Give the medical provider(s) your auto insurance claim number & carrier name for billing.
- Call Your Insurance Agent For Next Steps – Make sure you call your insurance agency/company to discuss the next steps & review your coverage/deductibles.
Rollins Insurance represents multiple A-rated insurance companies to make sure we deliver the most competitive rate packages to our clients in Kentucky and Ohio.
Rollins Insurance is an independent insurance agency providing our clients the best prices with the most coverage possible since 2008. We represent multiple A-rated insurance companies to make sure we deliver the most competitive rate packages to our clients in Kentucky and Ohio. We find that most people are under-insured and over-paying when we meet them. We love what we do and our primary business is Personal Auto, Homeowners, and Life and Health insurance. We are a family-owned and managed business that specializes in providing needs-based insurance services.
>> Learn More About Us and Our Staff